Hemel Hempstead Town Football Club is a leading semi-professional football club in West Hertfordshire. Competing in the Vanarama Conference South, the sixth tier of the English league system, "The Tudors" have in recent seasons achieved club record league positions and enjoyed the best FA Cup and FA Trophy runs in our 132 year history. The fan base has grown significantly in recent years, averaging gates of over 500 at our Vauxhall Road ground which has recently undergone partial renovation to achieve The FA’s B Grading status; the stadium boasts three covered seated stands and a covered terrace, a bar, commercial kitchen, meeting/function facilities and a large car park. Also on site is the clubs own 3G artificial training pitch. Planning is in progress for a new main stand incorporating enhanced function, hospitality and commercial facilities. The club is featured in the press locally (The Gazette, The Watford Observer) and nationally in specialist non-league football publications. Our website current averages over 8,000 weekly hits, match day programme sales usually reflect a purchase by 20% of the gate and the club actively engages with fans via social networks.
- Job title: Commercial Manager, as a member of the club management committee
- Location: Hemel Hempstead
- Salary: commission on sales at a rate to be agreed
- Hours of work: This is a part time role, flexible to suit the commercial manager’s availability. During the football season (August to April) attendance at Vauxhall Road on match days is preferred and attendance at monthly committee meetings will be expected.
- Reporting to: Chairman, Dave Boggins
The commercial manager is expected to maximise commercial income to the club, through:
- Advertising/sponsorship: match day programme, pitch side hoardings, club website, team wear, match sponsorship and
- player sponsorship
- Gate income
- Use of facilities: function/meeting facilities, bar and 3G artificial pitch
- Maintain and develop relationships with key organisations to maximise commercial sponsorship and advertising revenue.
- Develop and implement innovative community awareness/community involvement strategies to maximise gate income.
- Engage with press and media to publicise games and events.
- Liaise with other club officers (Press Officer, Programme and Website Editors and the leagues commercial officers to ensure
- the club is adhering to advertising and sponsorship obligations
- Develop online sales channels for tickets and other club merchandise/services
- Other relevant and reasonable activities, as required by the Chairman or the football club management committee.
For further enquiries or to express your interest in this role, please contact our club Secretary Dean Chance: email@example.com